Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Under the Pressure Foot #9


Here we are ready for some quilting. I recently purchase a new quilting foot and rulers for my Pfaff machine from Westalee Designs. I saw the rulers in action when we were A Quilters Odyssey retreat in June. So once I got home I did some research and I was impressed with what I saw. I went ahead and contacted Westalee Designs to work out which quilting foot would match my Pfaff and with some advise from them I purchase a quilting foot and the Sampler set of rulers to test and to consider stocking their products.
With the instructions included with the quilting foot it didn't take me long to set the foot up correctly on my Pfaff machine.


I started with a practise sandwich as suggested and straight away I was impress with the results. I started with the curve ruler that comes with the quilting foot.
Once I was happy and comfortable with using the ruler I set to quilting my Christmas table runner. I started on the blocks.
This one shows my quilting up the best I am using one of my favourite Aurifil colours 2000 50 wt. It could easily live in my machine all the time that is how often I use this colour.
Then I had to play in the border. I went a little crazy, I don't think I will quilt this close together soon and little bigger gap next time. Two things to remember for next time the Pfaff doesn't like to go backward and think what you are going to do in the corner before starting.
This is what I did in the corners and I am very happy how it turned out but it so easily could of be a disaster.
All quilted.

Binding on and my table runner is completed.

 This is the second finish this month. Yippy! My Little Joys Quilt is next to complete. Just the binding to go.
Until next time
Keeping Stitching
Cynthia





No comments: