Sometimes I just have to give in to the urge of wat to sew some. There's binding to do on two projects, there's plenty more rule work quilting to complete and plenty of blocks to make for two new workshops. So what do I do in Saturday's Project Uninterrupted session, I decided I wanted to try something new. In my defense the technique is something I am considering in a project for my mum who wants a quilt for their new caravan.
My Pfaff was still set up from last week's ruler work workshop, so that settled it. I prepared my fabric sandwich and headed to my machine with the Westalee Designs Honeycomb template. I stitched it up.
The fabric is darker than this picture.
Once I had it stitched it was time for the scary part of cutting out sections revealing the other fabric I used.
I only had two layers but I could have used more, maybe next time.
Finally the last ring for this block. Once I am happy with it I will finish it off with a good press. I did enjoy this technique, so I am thinking about making some more and turning it in to a quilt. There is a good chance that it will become a future workshop I think.
Until Next Time