Sunday, August 19, 2018

Improv Piecing

I have a Improv piecing class in the store next Friday. A new technique for some to learn that have never tried it. I typed up the notes and the pattern for the project when I did the HST Block Party pattern about a month ago, but I hadn't stitched the sample.
I finally got behind the sewing machine and started stitching the Improv blocks.
Then a few more blocks before cutting them up for my star test block. This is what I ended up with.
An interesting first block. I think I need to refine my colour selection. A little less colour in the neutrals and a slightly dark mix of colours. Anything that has white in it or the pastel have to be pulled as one of my star points is a bit washed out. On to the next block and we will see what happens and where this adventure in Improv piecing goes.
Until Next Time
Keep Stitching
Cynthia

1 comment:

Miaismine said...

It looks good to me! I'm so happy you're teaching a class on that! It seems like an interesting process and a great way to use up scraps? I know very little about it. The blocks I've seen online are so pretty, though!