Friday, August 7, 2015

Cushion Time

Last week I shared an AQS tutorial on my Cynthia's Ark Facebook page on cushion making with a special tip for the corners. I was inspired to try it as there was some large scale Kaffe Collective 15 fabrics that had just arrived and I was wondering how to showcase them.

I choose 2 prints to start with.Though I want to make a cushion from each print. That may happen who knows! It didn't take me long to make the first one using the Chrysanthemum print. A long week and a little too tired to continue but I promised myself I will do the other one during the week.

 On Tuesday night I cut the second one out and had it sewn up in no time using the Pansy print this time. The only problem I had was the cushion insert was a little smaller than what the packet claimed so my first cover was a little loose. Not too hard to fix.

 I think I will find different cushion insert when I make some more, just not quite happy with the filling in these ones. The stuffing isn 't quite in the corners.
Visit my Cynthia's Ark Facebook page to find the tutorial.
Until Next Time
Keep Stitching
Cynthia

No comments: