Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Allietare Mystery Quilt #6

The big Reveal happened this week just as I caught up on the last clue. So I was a happy quilter knowing I had some of all the clues to make up the blocks. The last clue made up.

I have been seeing so many beautiful versions of this pattern and I have loved them all. I was very happy with this reveal and if I can get it all together nicely it could be my favourite Bonnie Hunter pattern for a while until the next one I make.
So I did lay out the two blocks so I could see what they would look like and hopefully I can find some time to sew them together before the link up but it wasn't possible with Project Uninterrupted starting and work on the Cynthia's Ark Christmas Reproduction Sampler. Time was disappearing fast over the last week. At least you can get some idea of what my blocks look like.
I was never going to get my top completed before today anyway as I think I will need to go shopping for the black outer border as I don't think the large piece of black in the project box is big enough. As I am typing this I justed looked up at the fabric shelf and spotted a bolt of black that has a little red and blue design over it. I can't believe I hadn't spotted it before, maybe it was destine for the outer border and not the blocks as it is a larger piece. So I will check it out later.
Here is the link so you can have a look at all the beautiful Allietare quilts in all the different colourways and I can't believe how many have completed their tops already. Hopefully I can finish mine sooner than later this time.
Until Next Time
Keep Stitching
Cynthia




No comments: