Monday, November 23, 2015

Polka Dot Pond Friends Quilt Tutorial


This is one of the children's quilts I made over the weekend. I thought I would share what I did to make it. This little pattern will work with any skinny panel you have. I have kept it simply but you can fancy it up with a four patch block like I did with the Photo Safari panel I had in stock awhile a go.
I cut 2 x 4 inch strips from the green swirl.
Pinned them in place and sewed them on. Press to the borders.

Lay the backing fabric out, right side down, lay your wadding on top. Lastly centre the quilt top in the centre. Make sure you smooth out any creases as you lay out each layer. Pin baste the layer together.


Quilt as you like but I kept it simply and quilted around some of the motifs and some of the straight parts including stitching in the ditch between the panel and borders.

Cut 4 x 2 1/2 inch strips from the striped fabric for your binding and join the strips end to end  for a very long 2 1/2 inch strip. Sew on the quilt using your preferred binding method. 
You can purchase this fabric kit at Cynthia's Ark.

Quilt finishes approx. 30 x 43 inches (76 x 110 cm.)
 Until Next Time 
Keep Stitching
Cynthia


No comments: