Wednesday, November 11, 2015

A Trunk Full of Quilts

Over at Whins &  Fancies  Soma is running A Trunk Full of Quilts Show where we all can share a special project or two.
I wanted to select one that I have finished this year and why not select my latest completed project but one of my longest project. Nearly 3 years in the making all the blocks were hand pieced and I joined all the blocks and sashing by hand. Then the sew machine took over and I sewed the red border on and then I had the quilt professional machine quilted because of it size. It would've taken me a long time to quilt and I don't think I would of done it justice.

Have you guessed which one it is? You would've seen it recently on my blog when I was have binding troubles.

That's right. It is my Farmer's Wife Sampler quilt. It was so hard to take a photo of the whole quilt. It is the largest quilt I have made. It is now completed and I can cross it off my To Do List 2015. I don't believe it that it is finished but it is and I can work towards completing another project off my list but time is running out for the year. I wonder if I can get a couple more completed this year.
In the meantime have a look at some of the other beautiful creations in this Trunk Show. There are some many talented people out there. It just inspires you to head back to your sewing and stitch a bit more. There is the link on the right hand side of my blog, that will take you to Whims and Fancies.
Thanks Soma for hosting this special event.

Until Next Time
Keep Stitching
Cynthia


No comments: