Saturday, September 27, 2014

What is going on here!

I have been busy preparing for our big launch on the 1st October. It is a surprise so you will have to pop over to www.cynthiasark.com.au  and sign up for our newsletter to be one of the first people to learn what we are launching. It is limited offer.

Also I  have been doing lots of fabric cutting for the Australian Machine Quilting Festival which starts on the 1st October with classes then from the 3rd-6th everyone is welcome at the Adelaide Convention Centre, North Tce Adelaide South Australia. This is the first time we have done this event so it is exciting to see what happens. I am looking forward to setting up on Friday.

I did take Saturday morning off and we went to the Balaklava Show which is 35 km (about 20 miles) up the road from us.  It is an agricultural show, so lots of animals, sideshow alley full of rides and games, a range of displays, food and of course handicrafts of all sorts on show. You all know what I wanted to see the quilts but we had to look at every else first as the hall was closed for judging in the morning. I got there after an early lunch. There was lovely a display of cakes, home brew, vegetables, photos, knitting, quilting and so on. I love looking at the quilts and I was wondering about entering one of my quilts in to a competition just once for the experience. I am not much into competing so maybe that is why I haven't done it before. I decided to ask about how to enter. So I visited the show secretary to get the details and she took my details so when they send out the details for next year event I will receive them. This will give me some time to think about it a bit more and what to enter if I choose to take on this challenge. I didn't see any batik quilts in this year’s display so I think that will be my starting point. How you entered a quilt show? I would to hear your experience on entering quilts in a show. Was it easy or stressful?
Sorry there is no photos I forgot the camera and my phone isn't a smart phone.
Until next time
Keep stitching
Cynthia

No comments: