Saturday, January 31, 2015

350 Block Project - January's Report.

This is something new for me. I found a blog post about this project about a couple of  weeks ago. After I followed the link to Prairie Moon Quilts I knew I had to try this challenge of 350 blocks over a year. Could I make it? I wondered how many blocks do I make in a year? I know how many quilts I make in a year as I always take a photo and save it on my computer. After I started my blog at the end of 2013 I decided to record my completed projects on the blog. You will find last year's tab at the top of my blog with this year's tab. Unfortunately this year's is empty at the moment but there is a number of projects at various stages that will find their way into the folder soon, I promise.
For January the blocks required is 20.

So lets see how I did in the first month..
To start with there was 12 sashing blocks from my Grand Illusion Mystery Quilt to finish joining my blocks together.

Then there 1 block from my Vacation Time Block of the Month.

Of course I am participating in the Rainbow Scrap Challenge which I have completed 2 sawtooth star blocks for the month.


Also I have been working on my disappearing hourglass blocks. A tutorial by Jenny from Missouri Star Quilt Company. They are addictive . I had 8 at the end of 2014 I now have 16. So that is 8 this month.

Plus I have been working on a tutorial I will share soon on my blog using this block and I just had to complete the last 5 blocks before I can start sewing them together. So finally I am at that point.

My hand piecing project at the moment is this Inklingo Star quilt. I have add 2 more to the total. Only 9 more to go.

January's block total is 30.
A good start as I know there will be leaner months to come when I am busy with other things that will keep me from the sewing machine. I can only hope my hand piecing projects will be enough to add a few to upcoming monthly totals.
There is a link in the right hand side toolbar if you are interested in this project. It is going to be lots of fun and challenging .
Until next Time
Keep Stitching I will be
Cynthia


No comments: