Friday, December 12, 2014

My Castle Wall Blocks are nearly done


I am coming to the end of my 9 castle wall blocks; the last one is half done. I picked 9 blocks and then I thought I will put 2 borders around to make a nice size lap quilt. Then the other day I was thinking is 9 enough or should I have done 12 blocks. 

Not enough fabric to do more blocks and then borders. I know I should stick to the original plan so I can start my next Inklingo project (I have a couple I want to do) but I am not quite sold on a 1" inner border followed by a 5" outer border. I am thinking I might want to piece 1 of the borders using Inklingo of course. I might join all my blocks together and then decide what shape to use.
 There are a few possible options in the castle wall collection I could use; there is a square, diamond, triangle or the octagon wedge in 9" collection. I wonder if the wedge could work.
I am thinking a 1 inch red border followed by the wedge border using all the fabrics and then may be the multi coloured floral paisley print for a 4 inch border. What do you think? 

Until next time
Keep Stitching
Cynthia.


No comments: