Sunday, December 7, 2014

Kaleidoscope Stars Update



In October I mention my Inklingo Kaleidoscope stars that I have been playing with. I did finally choose a background for my stars. Unfortunately it is a dark fabric I wanted to use, so it is not printer friendly but fortunately Linda has a way around this using the Inklingo template method for dark fabrics and other situations. If I had my dark fabric when I printed my diamond for the stars I could of easily laid the dark fabric under the uncut diamonds and cut both out at the same time then I won't of needed to use the template method. This happens when you are just playing with a block with no final project in mind.
Not the best picture it is more blue than black.
 I haven't tried it so this would be the perfect time to try it. So far I have been very selective when picking fabrics for my Inklingo projects, that way I could always print directly on to the fabric.

My next problem was layout- how did I want to lay this table runner out? 
At first I thought I would applique the stars onto the blue fabric, why I don't know I'm not very good at applique. 
Then I was thinking of putting hexagons in between the stars. That would work.
A few days of pondering this and I thought why not use the diamond to turn the stars into hexagon blocks and I was sold on the idea. I may have a hexagon addiction. So this is where I am up to.
What do you think about this layout? 

I need to make some half stars to fill in the spaces but I think it will work. The next question is do I have enough blue to finish and bind it as I did not take binding in to consideration when I bought the fabric. I may need to make a return trip to get some more. (I hope they still have some. If they do I better get extra for the backing.)

Until Next Time
Keep Stitching 
Cynthia

No comments: