Sunday, April 27, 2014

Triangle Quilt Along # 5

I am at the quilting stage of my triangle quilt. How to quilt it ran through my head for days. I loved the spiral quilting Felicity did. Doing a spiral is out of the question for me, it is still just out of reason of my free motion quilting skills. So I was thinking of a triangle quilt design after drawing a few samples I came up with a triangle spiral design. This was a marathon quilting exercise as I have never quilted a quilt this heavily. It took me all day to complete it. Firstly drawing up the main spiral and then quilting it and then more drawing and more quilting. I didn't fill enough bobbins, thinking 3 would be enough. Try 6 by the time I finished.


 There is a deadline for this quilt to be finished by and that is the 25th April so I must finish it. So I got stuck into the binding, but I was getting tired. I know this because I made a label and forgot to pin it on before starting the binding and on mitring the last join in the binding I twisted it and sewed it without realising what I had done. So once again I was unpicking the last seam and redoing it the right way. Here is my finished quilt. I hope you all like it as I do.
                               To see other quilts from the Triangle Quilt Along follow this link.
                              http://www.sassyquilter.com/triangle-qal-final-link/
Until next time
Keep stitching
Cynthia

No comments: