Saturday, January 11, 2014

Building Blocks Quilt- 2014 Free Motion Quilt Along #1

One of the projects on my 2014 list is the Building Blocks Quilt- Free Motion Quilt Along. This project is has a double tick by it. It has 2 techniques I wanted to have a go at. First I want to improve my free motion quilting skills and second I have been wanting to have a go at a Quilt as you go project. Leah Day (www.FreeMotionProject.com )has cover the 2 in this project. I look forward to get stuck into this Quilt Along.
This is my first block made and you can see I have gone with blue and grey fabrics for the blocks and  a navy blue solid will be the backing.

 I am using Aurifil 50 wt  #2630 Dark grey for piecing my blocks.
 
The first 3 blocks ready for the quilting. I just have to trace the patterns onto them and pair them with batting and backing. Then I will be ready for Monday quilting lesson.
This is going to be the thread I use for quilting Aurifil  50 wt  2620 Light Grey.
 
You can see what other quilters are up to via this link. http://freemotionquilting.blogspot.com.au/2013/12/fmq-friday-link-up.html
 
 
Keep stitching
Cynthia

No comments: