Thursday, January 9, 2014

2014 What is on my To Do List.

With a new year most of us reflect on what we did in the last year and what we want to achieve in the next year. After my 2013 review my list starts with 6 projects.

1. My Pies & Tarts Quilt I am half way through hand quilting this one.
2. My Batik Hexagon Quilt top ready for quilting and binding.
3. My Batik Log Cabin Quilt I am nearly finished the blocks (4 blocks to go)
4. My Farmers Wife Sampler quilt -only have 30 blocks to go then sashing and borders.
5. Bonnie Hunters Celtic Solstice Mystery Quilt the final layout was only released on 1st January 2014 I have 24 blocks completed.
6. My Double Wedding Ring quilt I started at the end of October at a workshop. 3 rings completed only.
New things to tackle this year, there are plenty of new things I want to try but there is only 365 days to work with.
7. Building Blocks Quilt. 2014 Free Motion Quilt Along created by Leah Day. This one is going to allow me to tackle 2 things on my list, improve my free motion quilting and have a go at the Quilt as you go technique.
8.A new Cynthia's Ark design featuring our Mystery Batik Sampler Pack. All designed just have to sew, write the pattern and kit it.
9.A new Cynthia's Ark design featuring hexagons using the Inklingo technique or EPP.
10.Quiltmaker magazine Black Tie Affair using Riley Blake Evening Blooms (in stock at www.cynthiasark.com.au)
10. Pat Sloan's Globtrotting  BOM for freequiltpatterns.info (One block a month)
11. Fat Quarter Shop Wishes Quilt Along BOM (One block a month)
12. A Dahlia Quilt I have a pattern.


I will share my adventures tackling this list. As I write this I know there are other projects that haven't made this list  and I'm sure there will be projects that will be started that weren't on the radar at the start of this year. I'm sure there will be a number of baby quilts to be made for sale that will be fitted in.
                               Until next time keep stitching
                                          Cynthia


No comments: