Tuesday, December 3, 2019

Virtual Cookie Exchange 2019

Welcome to my day on the Virtual Cookie Exchange. Thanks to Carol for organising us in to a well oiled cookie machine pumpimg out cookie recipes for everyone to test and enjoy over the holiday break.
Here is the full list because I know you will want to collect every recipe.


This year my recipe is one that was shared at our annual Project Uninterrupted retreat in September. Beth made these wonderful treats to share with all of us and as soon as I tasted them I knew I was going to have to share the recipe here with all of you. A nice easy recipe that you can whip up at short notice and impress everyone with.

Coconut Biscuits
1 cup desiccated coconut
1 cup of self raising flour
1 cup of castor sugar ( it is a fine white sugar that dissolved quicker for baking)
125  grams butter melted
1 egg
Mix all the ingredients together. Roll  teaspoons of mixtures in balls and put on baking tray. Flatten slightly.

 These will spread so give them extra room on the trays.
 Bake at 160 degrees C for 10-12 minutes so they are slightly golden. Let them cool on the trays as they are still soft when hot. Makes approx. 20 biscuits.
I hope you enjoy these one, I know we are.
Until Next Time
Keep Stitching
Cynthia

18 comments:

Stitchin At Home said...

I love coconut cookies and these sound to good not to try. Thanks for sharing.

Lisa J. said...

These do look simple and I bet they taste great. Thanks for sharing.

Calicojoan said...

Yummmmmmmmmy!

Carol Swift said...

Those coconut cookies sound like winners to me...I love coconut anything! Thank you for sharing the recipe and hopping with us!

Karrin Hurd said...

Thanks so much for the delicious sounding cookies!

tink's mom said...

coconut cookies sound like a wonderful way to start the day. Oh Yum

Farm Quilter said...

I adore coconut so these are now on my list to make!!! Thanks for sharing the recipe!

Denise :) said...

Ooooh, yummy!! These sound like they melt in your mouth!! Can't wait to give them a try! :)

Danice G said...

They look very good. My father loved coconut cookies so much. Thanks for sharing your recipe with us all.

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Cynthia! Oh yum - these look delicious. Thank you for sharing the recipe with us - I can't wait to try them. ~smile~ Roseanne

CathieJ said...

Oh my, I love anything coconut. Thanks for this recipe.

LJ said...

Easy is wonderful and coconut is one of my most favorite ingredients. Thanks for sharing with us.

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Coconut is definitely a favorite here. Looks yummy.

Beatrice said...

I love coconut, these cookies sound delicious.

Carla said...

I love coconut so much and these are right up my alley. Thank you so much for the recipe.

Brenda @ Songbird Designs said...

These sound great. I love coconut!! Thanks for sharing the recipe!

Michelle said...

I love coconut bet these are delish.

Charlene McCain said...

Thank you so much for this recipe! The cookies look and sound delicious and not too hard to make. I like having a stash of cookies on hand during the holidays for when guest drop by.