Sunday, January 14, 2018

Cushions and Ruler Quilting Together

We had the Zipper and Piped Cushion Workshop on in store. With only one student doing the workshop we took the opportunity to do some quilting  using the Westalee Rulers. It is something we have trying to schedule in. With the Beginner's class in a couple of weeks I can see a need for more of these sessions. Once you have your machine worked out you want to quilt quilts, not keep doing practise samples. There is a lot out there on using the rulers but not too much on how it use the rulers on pieced tops. So that is what I want to focus on. How to quilt pieced tops. So watch out for those workshops once you have done a Beginner's Class.

Joy's managed to finish her two cushions in the one session. They have worked out beautifully.

While Brenda  was quilting her Sands of Time Quilt from one of my workshops from last year.

I was quilting my table runner which was created from my Dresden plate English paper piecing demo pieces from last year fairs and shop demos. It is my project selected in our Project Uninterrupted challenge and One Monthly Goal for January.


It was a lovely day of sewing. There is always something to learn that makes life exciting.
Next weekend's Desert Sky workshop is going to be an exciting learning experience on foundation paper piecing. If there is a spot I plan to join the class myself , at the moment there is a couple of spot left. If you want more details click of the Event/Workshop page here on my blog.


Until Next Time
Keep Stitching
Cynthia




No comments: