Saturday, January 28, 2017

My Victorian Fling Quilt

I am getting close to finishing this quilt. Only the binding left to do, a few loose threads to sew in and I will have my first finish of the year. This was the project I set as part of Elm Street Quilts One Month Goal challenge.

After a marathon quilting session and a couple shorter sessions I can say the quilting is completed.

The back shows the quilting better.
The binding colour was a challenge as all the fabric from this range has sold out except for a small piece of the border fabric. In the end I used a black which had a little red and blue design on it. It is the same fabric I used for my binding on my Grand Illusion quilt. I even remembered to sew a hanging sleeve on, considering it is a shop sample.

Here it is with the binding on.

Now this is a free pattern from Penny Rose Fabrics called 30's Fling. It is easy to make and will be hanging in the shop very soon if you want a close look at it.
I have linked this post with Elm Street Quilts who are running the One Month Goal project so pop over and have a look at the finishes and you may want to join us in next month.
Until Next Time
Keep Stitching


Anonymous said...

What a cute quilt! I really like the design and love the way you quilted it!

Patty D from NC said...

This quilt came out wonderful! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on finishing your goal.

AlidaP said...

What a great quilt! Amazing finish, thanks for sharing!!