Thursday, July 7, 2016
Pemberley Block of the Month #1
As promised I will be sharing my progress on this Block of the month. The plan was to start before everyone else had their first month. I wanted a head start but it didn't happen. So I have only just started with the 1st month and month #2 is about to go out.
The hexagon flowers are small but making the bias strips are even harder. The second hexagon flower is now completed.
In the end I cut the bias strips another 1/8" wider then the pattern and used lots of Flatter (Starch) to allow me to work with them easier. They were still fiddly but I got them done. Then I prepared my background fabric and I finally got to start the sewing part with the first lot of stems.
The last of my strips done not perfect but done.
Where I am up to. Finally got to the Stitching part.
Until Next Time