Sunday, September 6, 2020

Under the Pressure Foot 2020- 3

 It has been crazy with pressure building around me. I don't know what happened this week but all of a sudden the pressure vanished and I found myself thinking I can do this. How long this will last I don't know. I can only go two ways I manage to stay on top of things and nailing the task laid on me to complete or I crash and burn, failing to complete everything.

So after Saturday's Project Uninterrupted session in the shop, there was a bolt out as I cut some for one of the ladies in the session. She asked me how long those bolts had been there for. I said quite a while, I had a quilt plan in my head, knowing I would have to do something with them to get the quilters wanting to use these large scale prints. 

Since I had the bolt out I thought what the hell and cut  what I needed. If it is cut I am more likely to start the sewing. Simple large blocks. Before I knew it I had the machine out and I was making the blocks.


You know where this is going! How many times have we told ourselves a 

couple blocks to see what they will look like and I will return to the other jobs I need to complete.  Five blocks later I was considering do I have time to sew the blocks together? Yes let's keep going. So I did. Blocks all sewn together and I still had time before leaving for dinner, so I sewed the first two pieces together.

At this point I got really excited with only one seam to go and I had just enough time. Lucky I didn't have to get changed for dinner so I went for it. The only issue was  I took a short cut and didn't double check my measurements. Oops I just went for it. With no pins I couldn't even fudge it and easy it in.
So that ended my session, so close to finishing a quilt top in 2 1/2 hours. I just turned everything off and left it there, with the thought of it wasn't a late night I could unpick the last seam when I got home. It didn't happen. On Sunday morning I made that my first job, unpick the seam and fix it.  There you go all done. I think there's a workshop in this.

Such a simple quilt in the end that can be made in an afternoon from cutting to quilt top. I have a number of bolts in the shop that could create variation of this.
I can see another one in my future, but for now back to what I need to do.
Until Next Time
Keep Stitching
Cynthia



1 comment:

Marjorie said...

That is fantastic and it looks great.
Well done woman.
Hopefully you don't crash and burn and you are able to achieve everything.