Monday, February 10, 2020

Temperature Quilt 2020 Starting

I have decided on an English paper piece flower block for this year's temperature quilt. I am hoping it will be easier than last year's. Not that flying geese blocks are hard. What was hard is getting the time at the sewing machine to make them. So in theory I should be able to put a few together in the evening when I sit down before bed, if I am not too tired.


This is how it will work. There is 8 petal and 1 centre, so 9 all up. I was thinking weekly but that would be 52 blocks. Doing it this way I think I should have 42 blocks to work with, which should give me a 6 x 7 lay out. That works for me. I still have to work out the block size that I will applique my flowers to but I will make a few flowers before I decide that.

The first flower is only be half a flower as the year started mid week.

I will mark the starting petal as I piece the flowers so I know which way the flower will sit as the starting point of each flower will be at the 12 o'clock position. Also I will put a number to keep the flowers in order. Each flower on one of the papers will have 1 - 1, then 2-1, 3-1 and so on, that way I know the order they will sit in the quilt.
The second block done. I really like my first block, so you may see a few more just to make my quilt more interesting.
Until Next Time
Keep Stitching
Cynthia

Until Next Time
Keep Stitching
Cynthia


2 comments:

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

I love this idea of making flowers for a temperature quilt. Much more subtle, and I think handwork would work better for me too.

Unknown said...

Your Affiliate Money Making Machine is ready -

And making money online using it is as easy as 1--2--3!

Here is how it works...

STEP 1. Input into the system what affiliate products the system will push
STEP 2. Add push button traffic (this ONLY takes 2 minutes)
STEP 3. See how the affiliate products system explode your list and sell your affiliate products for you!

So, do you want to start making money?

Get the full details here