Monday, June 3, 2019

One Monthly Goal- June's Goal

Here we are at the beginning of June. I haven't been much of a blogger this year, but I am trying to do some sewing.  It seems a never ending juggling act which something loses out. I have been trying my hardest to keep up with everything but it's not working. Now I have set myself a tiny goal for June, just because I am trying to find a balance.
I want to complete one block, in particularly this block. It is the first block of maybe nine blocks, we will see what happens.

It is from Sue Daley's Abbie pattern packs. It is #3 in a series of 9. It is a English Paper pieced pattern so it will take a little time. Another reason for only 1 block this month. It is a pieced dresden design and you can see what the spokes will look like from the 2 I have made up so far only 14 more to go. Then sew all them together, with finally appliquing to the background square. I will need to select a fabric for that, but I will wait until I get the dresden joined together before I decide what that will be.
I have linked this post with Elm Street Quilt goal setting post, so don't be shy, pop over and check out what everyone is working on.
Until Next Time
  Keep Stitching
Cynthia

4 comments:

Laura said...

What a great dresden block! There is nothing wrong with setting tiny achieveable goals! I often have to do the same. It is encouraging to move a project forward, no matter how slowly it goes.

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

Gosh this block is striking. I look forward to seeing your project at the end of the month :-)

Patty said...

Cool block! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project.

Rebecca Grace said...

OOOH, Cynthia -- I am so in love with your EPP Dresden block! I've been intrigued by other people's EPP projects but haven't gotten into it myself because I thought it was all about hexies and I'm kind of bored with hexies at this point... but your Dresden block is inspiring me! I especially love your fabric combinations. I hope you enjoy every single stitch! :-)