Thursday, October 11, 2018

Janet Collins Visit

A few weeks ago we had Janet Collins visit us at Cynthia's Ark to teach. She was in Adelaide for the Australian Machine Quilting Festival, so the following day she joined us for a one day workshop.



We had a ball and we all learnt lots during the course of the day. Plus after lunch the sewing machines came out and we were able to play under Janet's instructions on a few different projects.  As I was busy I wasn't able to sit down in front of the machine and sew, lots to do to keep things running and helping were help was needed. I was able to soak up the information as the day went on. So last weekend during our Project Uninterrupted session in store I was able to have a go at one of the projects done during the day. This allowed me to use the new Feathered Leaf Template from Westalee Designs and play some more with the Templee technique which I am really enjoying.  Here is my feathers wall hanging before I cut it out then the after shot with the cut outs done.
 A close up shot for you.



Plus we will be do a workshop in February on this technique for any one interested.
Until Next Time
Keep Stitching
Cynthia

No comments: