Monday, July 2, 2018

A Weekend Workshop with Anna Maria Horner

Everything has been crazy here.  I have been suffering from the up the creek without a paddle feeling which is not good. So it was time for me to have some fun and be a student in Anna Maria Horner two day workshop at Hettie's Patch. I booked this workshop 5 months ago, not knowing what the project was going to be. Really the only details I had were who was teaching and where the workshop was being held. When the details came through on the project and what we were doing I was very pleased.
I picked some fabrics out, packed my supplies and off I went Saturday morning for the first day of the workshop focusing on Anna's Folk Flower block and my chance to really have a go at some reverse applique.

A fantastic day was had by all of us. We had plenty of her quilts on show for inspiration. The best thing with this project was how many different ways we could make the block, by machine, by hand or a bit of both.
 One of the versions on display.

A close up of one of the blocks.



My first folk flower block using the hand stitched reverse applique technique.
Day 2 saw us having a stitching session with Anna. So much inspiration what do you try. Embroidery, hand quilting, fabric collage and more.



In the end I had a go at some embriodery stitches before going back to my Folk Flower blocks which I managed to finish 3 blocks. In theory only 29 blocks to go in my layout. I don't think mine will be as big as Anna. It was a great two day workshop and if you ever get the chance to do one of her workshop do it you won't be disappointed. I know if I get the chance again I would jump at it.
Until Next Time
Keep Stitching
Cynthia

No comments: