Saturday, March 17, 2018

Fractured Paintbox Quilt Workshop




On Sunday we had Elizabeth back in store for her to teach the Fractured Paintbox quilt which is a Quiltworx pattern. After the success of the Desert Sky workshop in January this one was going to be a hit too. I didn't sit in on this one but that didn't stop me for listening and still learning more on foundation paper piecing.  I had planned to make this quilt but lunchtime I want to make it using In the the Beginning Garden Delights fabrics. I can see a bordered garden quilt.  As you can see it can become quite messy.

Elizabeth likes us to cut the quilt out in the morning and then we get to sew the afternoon way knowing the quilt blocks are all cut and ready to sew. Now I didn't do any sewing as I only started cutting on lunchtime but that is ok. Everyone else did manage to finish 8 sections to complete 2 blocks. Here they are they will be all different. Tina's quilt will be a favourite of mine and if she hadn't used Tula Pink's Tabby Road I probably would have myself.






I have booked Elizabeth to teach again on the 12th August, so if you are interested let me know as spots will be limited. This is one of the few times I had a bigger classroom.
Until Next Time
Keep Stitching
Cynthia

No comments: