Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Aurifil Block of the Month # 1

I have started this project late. As a big fan of Aurifil threads, I follow their blog and stock their cotton in our shop. I use it for all my sewing(machine and hand sewing). I have four shades in the Cotton Mako 50/2 range that are my favourite go to colours. They are 2000- light cream for all my light value piecing work, 2900- a khaki green and 2600- light grey for the middle value piecing and 2620- dark grey for the darker value piecing work. Of course there are other colours in the range I use but these four are the one's I use the most.


 I had collected the first 3 blocks thinking if things slowed down later in the year I could tackle this challenge. As I was sewing on Sunday, I thought what the hell it is only 1 block a month. So I dived into my scrap box for some larger scraps and set to it. I have no idea how this is going to come out by the end, just working from my scrap box.  It is going to be an adventure.

January's Block
 February's Block
March's Block
As you can see  the fabrics in each block are totally different. March's block is a little too busy but we will see what happens. I wonder what April's block is going to be!
Don't forget you can purchase your Aurifil cotton from our web shop- Cynthia's Ark

Until next time
Keep stitching
Cynthia


No comments: