Thursday, October 17, 2013

Log Cabin Fever

Some of my log cabin blocks.

I have been bitten by the log cabin bug. I just can't help myself making more these blocks. Really how many blocks do I need? I haven't even worked out how big this quilt is going to be. I like a good lap quilt but I'm sure that won't make a dent into my 1 inch batik strip pile. The only pile that is decreasing is my blue pile because it is in every block.
Maybe I need to make more than 1 quilt. How about some green and red blocks that I can fashion into Christmas presents. Table runners, place mats, a tree skirt, an apron. Oh my god! When am I going to fit all that in. I might have to machine piece the Christmas ones or I might not make it.

To top all this off I am starting a new project next week. A project I have been wanting to tackle for a couple of years. A double wedding ring quilt. Kate at A Quilters Odyssey is having a workshop on the 26th October, so I booked myself in for it. It is always good to have some expert help on hand to bale me out if I get in to deep. (Not a strong swimmer you see. Ask some my friends. Lol!)         These are the fabrics I am considering.  Just not sure if I have it quite right yet.
Fabrics for my double wedding quilt.
 
I want to use similar colours to my lone star quilt that I made a few years ago. That was done in blues and greens. I may need to get a few opinions so I can refine my selection. Don't be shy.
Keep Stitching Cynthia.
 

No comments: