Friday, April 20, 2018

Another Beginner's Workshop to Ruler Work Quilting

This has been our most popular workshop this year. This is the second time I have run it and plans for a third one is well under the way in June. We had a very informative workshop starting with the ruler that comes with the ruler foot. This is a very useful ruler to have you can do lots with it as it has the straight side and the arc on the other side.


I have quilted quilts with just this ruler, my double wedding ring is one of them.


After a session at the machine learning how to do a checkerboard pattern and exploring the curved side we stop for a cuppa and some of my Lemon & Coconut Slice.
My sample piece.

In the second half we looked at the Sampler set, Crosshair ruler and book and with a little demo from me they all had a go at their sampler set templates.


From this workshop there is plans to run my Placemat workshop again which I created to use the Westalee Sampler Set to expand your ruler work knowledge. Also I am working on a how to quilt a small project using the Westalee Sampler Set where you will bring a small project ready to quilt and we will explore options on how to quilt your project. With everyone doing different projects you we be open to see how others quilt their project and see options you may not have considered. More details coming soon,

Until Next Time
Keep Stitching
Cynthia 

No comments: