Saturday, November 2, 2013

November! What have I been up to?

November is here. So the festive season is just around the corner. Have you started your preparation for it? I have managed to plan some Christmas inspired projects. I have chosen star ornaments, Christmas themed pin cushions and my 3am brain storm this morning was some quilted Christmas cards. I will share some pictures once I have picked out some fabric and start sewing.
In the meantime let me share with everyone my table runner I am putting together as a shop sample featuring The Rivendale Collection Dottie Table runner pattern which is available at www.cynthiasark.com.au


As you can see it's not quite finished yet. If I get some time later today I will try to finish it. I don't do a lot of applique but this project isn't too hard so I jump in with my chosen colour selection (Nature's Basket Charm square pack by Blackbird Design) and some blue and brown fabric for the borders from my stash.  (Blueberry Crumbcake - Blackbird Design).  I will share the finished table runner later this week and you will be able to see it up close and in person if you attend the Barossa Craft Fair & Market 23rd November at the Tanunda Showground 9.30am-3.30pm. It is one of our favourite events of the year with over 50 stalls, food, entertainment and more on offer.  If you are interesting in coming email your postal address and I will post out  a leaflet with all the details plus a special Cynthia's Ark voucher to use on the day. email sales@cynthiasark.com.au

Speaking of craft fairs I am not trading at the Craft & Quilt Fair this year. I am giving it a miss this year after trading the last 2 years due to finance cost of the event and  I had lots of complaints after last year event from my customers not being able to get to my stall as I was sandwich between 2 larger stalls. So I am going to do some more research and see if I can find a solution to some of my problems. We do enjoy meeting our customers in person at these events and letting the customers see what we have, new products, and everyone favourite the specials we like to share. So stay tuned for the research results. I know if I keep my eyes open a solution will present itself.

Lastly to finish up today post don't forget to buy the November Homespun magazine this month to see what special offer we have running for all Homespun readers.

Until next time keep stitching
Cynthia

No comments: