Friday, June 12, 2015

Under the Pressure Foot #4

June has become finishing month for me. With my Pies & Tarts quilt finally finished. I handed my Wishes quilt to Valerie to quilt and I have decided to give my Farmers Wife quilt to Valerie when I pick my Wishes quilt up to baste on her long arm machine which means Yes I have made the decision to hand quilt it. I may curse myself in the future for making this decision but today I am happy that I finally made the decision. Now I can move on, I think these decisions have been slowing me down. Anyway this post is suppose to be what is under my pressure foot, let me show you.

This is my lozenge quilt I am quilting today with some black and white variegated thread. This is breeze to quilt especially since I am doing my favourite free motion straight line quilting. (With my usual wobbles along the way.) I started with stitching in the ditch. Then some diagonal straight lines one way and then I wanted to do the opposite diagonal line. As I got started on the last set of diagonal rows I wasn't sure if there was enough thread.

 Guess what I didn't make it. So what does a quilter do when you know there is no more thread and I couldn't get more easily. It is a scrappy project so I just found a spool of black cotton and continued until I finished it. I don't think it is too noticable. At least not from the front, on the back you can tell.
A close up of my quilting. It creates an interesting effect, fading in and out like it does. Looking at the on point squares created by the quilting you can see different blocks from the original lozenge blocks I made.
Now it is time to pull the binding box out and create a scrappy binding to finish it off. A totally scrappy quilt.
Until Next Time
Keep Stitching
Cynthia


No comments: