Thursday, June 4, 2015

Under the Pressure Foot #3


In my Unfinished Project post earlier this week I had selected 3 quilts I plan to finish. So how am I go?

I started with my Pies & Tarts quilt as it only needed the binding to complete it. My thinking is to start with the one closest to being finished. So I am happy to say I got the binding on Sunday morning, then I have some hand work for the evenings. Binding on ready for the hand sewing.
So really it is an easy finish.
Next I want to tackle my lozenge quilt as it was ready for quilting and the thread and quilting design had been selected. As this it a scrap project I thought I would use what I had in my stash to make up the backing. It was too big for a one piece backing so I selected a larger  piece, sliced it and add an extra piece off centre to make it big enough.
Then pinned it ready for quilting I will need to take some of the pins out after the first part of  the quilting is done as I can see some of them will be in the way on the second pass, but they need to be there to start with.
This is as far as I have got. I am hoping to have my Pies & Tarts quilt finished by the end of the week, but it may be a week before I can start quilting my lozenge quilt with the Salisbury Hobby & Craft Fair on this weekend. Not much of a chance to do any sewing but we will see what happens.
Until Next Time
Keep Stitching
Cynthia  

No comments: