Friday, February 19, 2016

Under the Pressure Foot #20



It is time for some quilting. The pile is getting bigger not smaller like I had planned. So how every time I plan a quilting day something happens and my plans go out the window.
Finally it is quilting time. I started with this one as a warm up. This is one of my Project Uninterrupted  project earmarked for finishing. This is one of a set of 3 quilt from 2014 block of the month that I wasn't happy with all the blocks together. So 12 blocks become 3 small quilts. My cats will love them once finished but they make good Free motion quilting practice for me. They are all bias they love all my quilts.

I really enjoyed doing this figure 8 free motion quilting.  My favourite block out of the four I quilted. Once I had warmed up it was time to do some real work on my batik half square triangle quilt. I am playing with the circle ruler from Westalee Designs. The first block went along smoothly but on the second one  I started to have trouble with snapping thread and breaking needle.  I got through the second one but that was it. I tried everything I could think of but I had to stop it was getting worse. I turned the machine off and set up my  little Janome that I take to workshops to make some scrappy binding for the little quilt I did finish from my binding off cuts I save. It is good to use some of them up.
I went back to this one but no luck so it is time for someone to look at it because I had no luck getting it to sew even on an offcut. So if I want to quilt anything it will have to be on my little Janome machine because it will be 6 weeks before I get it back. The circles are looking good though. It is a shame I only got half way through.

I am linking up with the Free Motion Mavericks so pop over and have a look at what others have been up too.
Until Next Time
Keep Stitching
Cynthia

No comments: