Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Scrap Dance Tango #1

Now I have been a little slow starting this one. Scrap Dance Tango Quilt Along can be found on the      From My Carolina Home Blog and Carole is hosting us again after last year's Scrap Dance quilt Along. She is doing a great job looking after us even us that are a little slow off the mark.

This year I am doing things a little different as this is a scrappy project. I have selected one of the mixed off cut bundles I sell at Cynthia's Ark. They have at least a metre of fabric in variety of prints from a range. I want to see how big a project I can make from 1 bundle. I am starting at the smallest size Carole has given us, the table topper and I will see how far I get. Plus I have added a white for my light neutral.

So for the first step I needed to make a lot of half square triangle units with my neutral and my colours. That is a nice easy step 1. This is my first batch of half square triangle units, ready for trimming. More to do at a later time.

Step 2 uses some of the HST unit with a square to create these blocks and at this stage I need to make 10 of these units.


So I have made a start and it shouldn't take too long to make them up as I making them as I am chain piecing on special project. The first 2 blocks made, only 8 more to go. The plan is to be caught up by the time Step 3 is released next month. Fingers crossed, you know how easily I can be distracted.
Until Next Time
Keep Stitching 
CYnthia

No comments: