Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Paper Pieced Quilt Along # 1

How you seen Christa Watson new quilt along? If not here is the link Christa's Quilts. This quilt along appealed to me from the first post I saw of the block she was working with. Even better when I discovered it is paper pieced. This is a technique I really want to explore. I have done a little bit with paper piecing but not enough. So I made the decision to join this quilt along and expanse my paper piecing knowledge.
These are the fabrics I have selected for this quilt along.

This is the layout that I really liked so that is where I am going. If this is a winner I am thinking matching cushions. I am getting ahead of myself now.

Papers all printed ready to go on the 20th May when we get to sew our first block. I checked the scale after the first one and adjusted my printer setting accordingly but I did keep it for a reference guide and to take down any notes I may need to remember as I piece the block.


So I am now already to start. This is going to be exciting stuff hopefully and I will take a few more steps along my paper piecing journey.
Until Next Time
Keep Stitching.
Cynthia

No comments: