Tuesday, May 12, 2015

New Series - Under the Pressure Foot #1



Welcome to my new series Under the Pressure Foot. In these posts I am going to share with everyone what I am working on at the sewing machine. It may be a new design, a sample for the shop using one of patterns we stock, learning something new, sewing a pattern that I just want to make or just some scrap busting. You just never know what might be under my pressure foot. So here is what I am working on today.

My Inklingo Star project using Riley Blake Designs To Norway With Love, a Sue Daley range and yes there is a little bit left in the shop if you like what you see.  The shop tab is at the top of my blog. With all the block completed I am up to sewing the blocks into row. Yes I did hand piece the star blocks if you have seen earlier post on this project. This is one of the great things about Inklingo - Hybrid piecing as Linda calls it. Hand piecing and machine piecing in the same project and often in the same block. This time I am only machine piecing the quilt top together. I have set the star blocks with an alternate plain block between them. You can see the fabric at the top of the picture below.
Now the rows are done you can see my layout better. As I sew these rows together I better decide if I am doing borders. I am considering the light pink stripe(the inner star fabric) for a small inner border and binding but not sure if I use the outer star points fabric for the outer border or there is a cream with the same little motif on fabric or may be I will only do one border in the dark pink.
I am amazed I don't twist any of the solid blocks around and ended up with them on the wrong way. 
Yippy all the blocks sewn together.

Until Next Time 
Keep Stitching
Cynthia

No comments: