Thursday, January 8, 2015

Vacation Time- Block of the Month #1

It is time to start a new project with Pat Sloan and this years mystery quilt is Vacation Time. I have picked out the fabrics and I am going with batik fabrics this year. Here is my selection. I am missing 1 fabric at the moment and that is the border fabric so I will keep my eyes open for something suitable. My 2 creams at top of the picture are a little hard to see but there is 2 there.

The first block is Down by the Boardwalk. It looks like I am going to learn a new flying geese technique this year. Pat has included instructions on a flying geese method I haven't tried yet so I will give it a go. I like to try these different methods offered as you never know when you will find a better method of doing something. I liked the flying geese method so I will use it again.
Here is my 1st block completed.

Until next time
Keep Stitching
Cynthia

No comments: