What have I been working on? Let me share it with you. If you saw my Playing with Fabric post featuring the Always the Season fabric you have seen the start of this project, if not here is the link to the post. I decided to continue with this project using the nine patch blocks and I ended up with 5 blocks for my table runner. I laid out the five blocks so I could make sure I had enough pieces before sewing. If I kit this up with the pattern I think I will add an extra 5cm to the stripe to get a few more blocks but this is why I am playing. I am amazed to get this variety from 1 piece of fabric. All the blocks are simple nine patch blocks, no extra seams. The only thing you need to remember is some of the square have been cut on the bias so you need to take care with you handle them so you don't stretch them out of shape.
These are the 5 blocks completed.
At this point I added the cream hexagon print for the sashing and first border.
Then the paisley print for the second border.
I am going to use this floral for the backing and the smaller stripe for the binding but I need to quilt it first.
Last week I received a new quilting foot for my machine and quilting rulers that I ordered. So we are going to do some testing. If it all goes well, the plan is add these products to the shop. So tune in for the next post on this project.