Monday, May 26, 2014

Spring Sampler Quilt # 1

I was cruising around my favourite blogs on Thursday and I always check the Let's Bee Social Post at Sew Free Quilts as I like to share what I have been up to and see what others have been doing. There is a link in the sidebar on the right handed side of my blog, have a look later there is plenty to enjoy. This is where I found Cora's Quilts post on their Spring Sampler. It started back in early April and they are up to block 5 this week, but I am always looking at new projects and what they would look like in batik fabrics. So I am going to have a go there is some catch up work to be done. They have included a square in square tutorial and a flying geese tutorial to aid us in the block construction. I haven't used this flying geese method so I am looking forward to give this method a go. You can find the link in the sidebar on the right handed side of my blog if you are interested in this project. I know it isn't Spring here in Australia but it may be Spring when I finish it.
 Here are the fabrics I am going to use. I used Shelley’s post on fabric selection to help me choose my fabrics.
 From the top left 3 medium darks and bottom left 2 neutrals. Top right white solid and bottom right my dark fabrics.
My vibrant fabric selection I add 1 extra after I took the photo.
Now I just have to catch up.

Until next time
Keep Stitching
Cynthia


No comments: