Monday, July 23, 2018

Christmas in July Blog Hop

Here we are in July and somehow I found myself with two Christmas in July celebrations within days of each other. Saturday was spend with the Jubilee Quilters for their marathon Christmas In July celebrations. Today is our first day of the Christmas in July Blog Hop hosted by Carol from Just let me quilt.
Here is the schedule, so you can follow along.

July 23

Cynthia's Creating Ark- You are here

July 24


July 25


July 26


July 27

 I have to admit I was still working on my project on Saturday as I had a restart on my project. The original project which is all cut ready to sew didn't get to the sewing machine. So that project will get put aside to be used for a project later this year. The benefits of celebrating Christmas twice a year.       

So what did I make for this Blog hop. When it comes to Christmas I love Christmas trees and you all know how much I love stars. Now what happens when you mix trees and stars together, you end up with a Christmas Star tree.

With the tree stitched in place and added my borders for my wallhanging. Cut my backing fabric you can just see it sticking out in the picture below, than run into a wall and ran out of time to finish my wall hanging off.



But at least you can see where I am going with this and I will finish it later this week and share with everyone.
Don't forget to visit everyone and enjoy their blog post because I know there is lots of great projects to see.
Until Next Time
Keep Stitching
Cynthia

33 comments:

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

That is a very unique tree...fantastic!

Elizabeth Coughlin said...

Lovely wall hanging!

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Cynthia! I was still working on my project on Saturday as well - there might have even been some Sunday picture taking going on. HAHA! I love your star tree! I am a huge fan of star, and have never thought to combine them into a tree shape. I look forward to seeing it complete! Happy Monday! ~smile~ Roseanne

Dorian said...

Thats really cute! It will be a wonderful wall hanging when done.

Vicki in MN said...

A great combination of stars and trees, you'll be all set for Christmas soon!

LJ said...

The wall hanging is going to be neat. I was impressed with the fussy-cutting you did on the star pieces - perfect.

Carol Swift said...

With two Christmas In July events, you have a huge head start on Christmas! I love how you combined the stars to make the tree in your wall hanging. It's so pretty and very unique! I'm sure it will be an amazing addition to your Christmas decorations. Thanks a ton for joining in the hop and sharing your tree!

Joyce Carter said...

What a cute idea! I love how you used the stars to make your tree. Thank you for sharing today.

Websterquilt said...

I love the fussy cutting. It's adorable.

Barb Neiwert said...

I love your Christmas tree! You'll enjoy that for years.

Unknown said...

I love the wall hanging!

Linda C said...

Clever idea for the tree! I love that hint of red in there

Lori Smanski said...

this is turning out really pretty. it will be lovely when finished.

Michelle said...

It's a great project. It's going to make a very lovely wall hanging.

Anonymous said...

This is so pretty. Can't wait to see it finished.

Calicojoan said...

Ohhhh... I love that star tree. Can't wait to see how you quilt it!

Charlene McCain said...

Beautiful star tree! Great choice of colors. Can't wait to see it all finished.

Susan said...

That's a great design! I would never have thought of it, but I like it very much.

Kim said...

Love your wallhanging. The design is beautiful.

barbara woods said...

love your design

Susan said...

Great tree!

Kwilty Pleasures said...

Merry Christmas In July,

Kay Holm said...

Fun project!

Sharon said...

What fun! Merry Christmas (in July).

Karrin Hurd said...

Love your tree!

Kay said...

It will be lovely when finished.

Carla said...

What a creative idea with the stars. Very neat. Thanks for sharing.

Anna brown said...

Very cool.great tree... happyness04431@yahoo.com

Suze said...

I adore stars, too. I like the star tree and the wall hanging is on the road to being fantastic. I am anxious to see the project finished. Thanks for hopping and sharing.

tink's mom said...

That is a wonderfully designed tree. Curious about the red on the stars, is that a separate piece of red fabric or is it a striped Christmas fabric fussy cut. Either way it makes for wonderful Christmas in July. Looking forward to the finished piece.

Marian said...

I love Christmas trees, so it was quite fun to see your star tree, very cool and great design especially with the fussy cut stripes.

Tu-Na Quilts said...

You've got a great start on your project! I think Christmas in July snuck up on a lot of us this year.

Quilt Doodle Designs said...

I love the project that you are working on, the stars are awesome. I was scrambling the day before my posting, sewing my ornaments together and adding the fringe...