Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Where Flowers Bloom Blog Hop- My Daisy Stop

Welcome to my turn on the Where Flowers Bloom blog hop. A big thank to Carla from Creatin' in the Sticks for hosting us. We must be a handful sometimes. Here is the schedule for today's bloggers. I have included the full schedule at the bottom of my post for you to be able to check out what everyone has created for this blog hop.
Wednesday, June 13th

Just Let Me Quilt

Hazel’s Daughter
Nettie Sews and Lucky Quilts
ShirleyC
Cynthia's Creating Ark  (You are here)
Songbird Designs
Creativeblonde
Patchouli Moon Studio

I had a plan when I signed up to do this blog hop. I had to factor in the fact I was going to be away all of  May so the plan was to do a combination of machine piecing and English Paper piecing so I could stitch while I was away. Then there would only be a little bit of machine sewing when I got home and write up my blog post.
The easiest choice was the floral fabric I wanted to use. That was Garden Delights by Gray Sky Studio. I have used it a few times recently. So while I was away I managed to stitch up five hexagon flowers. You just have to have hexagon flowers for a flower themed blog hop.
In the end I only used three for my Garden Delights table runner as I was running out of time.
This is what the back of my Hexagon flower looks as I remove the papers before I appliqued them on to the  6 1/2 " background squares. Then added some flower sashing and borders.

A piece of batting, backing fabric  and a little quilting finished my little table runner off. 


Where Flowers Bloom Blog Hop Schedule





Friday, June 15th

Den syende himmel
QuiltFabrication
Blessings From Our Nest
DesertSky Quilting
Just Because Quilts
Quarter Inch Crafter
Creatin' in the Sticks
Make sure your visit and check out what everyone has made during this blog hop.
Until Next Time
Keep Stitching
Cynthia

25 comments:

Creativeblonde66 said...

Beautiful ♥

Elizabeth Coughlin said...

Very pretty! I love EPP and how you incorporated the flowers into a table runner.

Dorian said...

A pretty little runner. Hexie flowers are fun to make.

Carla said...

You are so right, it would be wrong not to have hexie flowers in a flower blog hop!!!! Love your runner. Thank you for joining Where Flowers Bloom. Those Hexies make me smile for sure.

Karrin Hurd said...

Love your hexie table runner!

Daryl @ Patchouli Moon Studio said...

I love hexie flowers and your runner is beautiful.

Martina said...

So lovely! Hexies are so cute and fun! And the look great on your tablerunners!

Suze said...

Nice job and perfect for the theme.

Danette said...

Very cute! One day I will have to try more hexies - I haven't done many of them.

ShirleyC said...

Cute as can be! Lots of possibilities!

Scrapatches said...

Very pretty! I love flower hexies ... <3 Pat

Calicojoan said...

Love your little hexies!

Marian said...

I admire anyone who can do EPP, it's totally not for me, but I do love seeing what can be done with this popular technique. Beautiful job on your runner.

Carol Swift said...

Cute, cute hexie runner...love it!

Charlene McCain said...

Love your hexie table runner! Colors are so beautiful. It is sure to brighten up any room.

Anna brown said...

Very pretty great job...

tink's mom said...

Great runner. Hexies look so crisp and inviting.

Sharon said...

Very pretty! The flowers are lovely on the table runner.

allthingzsewn said...

Very petty hexies, make a great runner. I haven't tried hexies yet.

Kathy @ Kwilty Pleasures said...

Those heroes make such fun flowers...

Tu-Na Quilts said...

Beautiful! Isn't that the way it always is...running out of time...or life just getting in the way of having fun?? It turned out lovely though.

LJ said...

I love grandmother's flowers; did you hand sew them using EPP or did you sew by machine. Really cute, either way.

Carol said...

Beautiful! I enjoy projects that I can work on while traveling. Great job!

Brenda @ Songbird Designs said...

Your hexie flowers are very nice. I don't do much hand piecing anymore.

Susan said...

Great hexie flowers, and a beautiful runner!