Tuesday, June 26, 2018

A New Block of the Month

I have been really quiet here in blogging land. I am still catching up on work from when I was away. It is great to get away but not so great when you come back to a pile of work taller than yourself. Well that's what it feels like. Next time I need to do something about it, so it doesn't happen again or at least not as bad.
The Gypsy Wife Block of the Month is wrapping up over the next couple of months and it is time to let you know what our new Block of the Month program will be.

I like the programs to have different techniques so you can try something different. Plus I like you to have options in the Block of the Month so if you don't like needle turn applique you could machine applique instead.
The new Block of the Month is a Sue Daley Design called Evergreen. I have Sue's quilt in the shop on loan if you want a closer look.

Now the fabrics in our version will be different to Sue's.
Here's the centre block of our version stitched.
The Evergreen block of the month will run over 9 months and will be $36 plus postage each month. You will receive over the 9 months the pattern, acrylic templates, papers for the English paper piecing, fabric for the top and binding.
During the course of this program you will be doing needleturn applique or machine applique, English paper piecing and Hand piecing or machine piecing. So there is a variety of techniques included in this project. This block of the month will start in September, so in the meantime check my blog regularly for my block progress so you get a feel of what the quilt will look like. I can tell you we are using Riley Blake Designs fabrics.
You will be able join this block of the month on our website, ring the shop or visit. Please note when you sign up you are committing to the full 9 months and payment needs to be made with a credit card. You will be able to sign up from the 15th July 2018.

 Until Next Time
Keep Stitching
Cynthia

No comments: