Saturday, July 30, 2016

Under the Pressure Foot #22

It has been a lean month of sewing. With lots of other stuff happening nearly no sewing has been done. So I was determent to get some in before the end of the month. IT may not count in my 350 Block Project totals but it will get me closer to finishing a couple of my Project Uninterrupted quilts.
These are the two quilts in my sight, my Scrap Dance quilt and my Quiltmaker  Auld Lang Stitches Mystery quilt. Both were mystery quilt alongs last year.


They are ready for pinning and quilting but first I needed to piece a couple of backings and batting for them. My left overs boxes are too full especially the fabric one. I need to use some of it up.


I managed to get both prepared and pinned but the afternoon was nearly over. Dinner was in the oven and I had about an hour left. So what did I do. I had a go at some speed quilting. Let's see how far I can get before the time was up. I had decided how I was going to quilt my Scrap Dance quilt so off I went with the timer ticking down.
What happened?
I didn't make it even with simple diagonally stitching following the lines on the quilt so I didn't have to mark the top and it isn't a large quilt. I did get three quarters through it. So it won't take long to finish it. Then I can use some of my left over binding to create the binding. It will be a true scrappy project when I finish it.
Until Next Time
Keep Stitching
Cynthia


No comments: