Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Sometimes you have to do the Boring Stuff

What does tell you about the last week here? Nothing real exciting happened and no sewing. The high light was receiving the latest fabric shipment from Millhouse Collections with some Sue Daley's current range Beaujolais for Penny Rose Fabrics and the All Over the Octagon patterns and fabric so we can start our 12 month Octagon adventure.

So besides unpacking the shipment I have been spending a lot of time on the computer doing the book work, designing my row for the "Road Home" Row Along, pattern writing and stuff totally unrelated to the business. The pattern writing has deadlines I need to meet and I seem to struggle with this part of the process, leaving it to the end. The last couple of times I have written the pattern as I have sewn the sample which seemed to help me get things done. The problem I have at the moment is I need to submit a draft of a pattern  by a certain date which won't allow me to sew and write the pattern as one. To add to my dilemma I have push myself out of my comfort zone and used techniques I don't use often. 
So I am trying to write the pattern first this time.  Let's hope I don't make a totally fool of myself.
If you write patterns which way do you prefer to create your latest designs? If you have any tips please share them with us. You never know who you will help.
Until Next Time 
Keep Stitching 
Cynthia 


No comments: