Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Cynthia's Ark Christmas Reproduction Sampler BOM


If you have visited my Facebook page recently you may have seen the post on my new Block of the Month.  This project started out as a special customer request and as I worked on it I could see it running as a Block of the Month program, so the last few weeks I have been working on it flat out to get it through the design stages ready for sewing and instruction writing.
Here are some of the basic details for you to get things started. It will be a mystery to start with but I will reveal the quilt design once I am happy with the final block placements. There will be 35 blocks x 6 inch in this quilt and it will be a machine pieced sampler but it wouldn't be hard to do it by hand if you prefer. The colours will be an assortment of reproduction reds, greens and creams. Here is a guide to the layout of the quilt and the first 3 blocks. There will be a mix of blocks at different skill levels. As you can see January's blocks are at the easy level but I will mix them up as we go along. The finished size of the quilt is approx. 50 x 64 inches.

So each month over 12 months you will receive a parcel that will have the fabrics for your blocks with instructions on how to piece the blocks. Most months there will be 3 blocks but a couple months you will have 4 blocks. Plus over the 12 months you will receive your sashing and cornerstone fabrics, border and binding fabrics. The fabric will be spread over the 12 month to help keep the postage cost down. Plus there is bound to be a little Christmas gift at the end of it. The cost will be $30 plus postage(Australian Dollars) but I am happy to ship overseas, just note the postage maybe be different. This Block of the Month will be dispatch about the middle of the each month (so around the week of the 15th).
Any questions just ask me. I hope you will join me in sewing this quilt. You can sign up for the Christmas Reproduction Sampler at www.cynthiasark.com.au now. You will find it at the bottom of the homepage under the Clubs/ BOM heading. Limited spots, so be quick.

Now since we are speaking of Blocks of the Month I asked late last year about doing the Pemberley Quilt as a Block of the Month and I got some good feedback and there was enough interest. So it will go ahead. I will post more about it soon but at this stage it looks like it will be an April start for this one. It will be a little dearer than my Christmas Sampler as it is an English Paper Piecing quilt and the papers will be included with your fabrics and pattern. I will let you know when you can sign up for it but here is a picture of it if you haven't seen it.
It looks like it will be a busy year here at Cynthia's Ark. I look forward in you joining us in all the sewing adventures planned. Don't forget Project Uninterrupted has start and we are work on finishing some of our UFO project. You can join us in person at one of our workshops in store or work from where you are and join our Cynthia's Ark Project Uninterrupted group on Facebook to share what you are working on to encourage each other to finishing some projects off. For more details about Project Uninterrupted click on the button on the right hand side on my blog to get you going.
Until Next Time
Keep Stitching
Cynthia


No comments: