Friday, October 23, 2015

Under the Pressure Foot #13.


What have I been up to? You may guess what this post will be about if you have seen some of my Instagram posts and my post of More animals are moving in.
That's right I have been making up the shop samples  from the new Ric Rac, Melly & Me and Funky Friends Factory patterns that arrived. The patterns are all available to purchase now at Cynthia's Ark. By making up the samples this allows me to create kits with the fabric we have in stock. Sometimes it is just easier to purchase a kit to make up especially if there is a sample of the finished items.

Hedgehog Circus is the first one I tried. This is the first time I have make a project by Ric Rac and I do like to try a pattern from a new designer when I start to stock their patterns to get me a feel on how their patterns works. It helps me help the customer if they get stuck or need help choosing a pattern to their skill level.
Hedgehog Circus was a clear winner. With good clear instructions (as long as you remember to follow them). They were easy to make and you could have lots of fun with the body fabric, like I did. These two were finished in no time. I still need to sew their little noses on but I couldn't wait to show you.

The second pattern I tackled was the Plattie the Platypus from Funky Friends Factory. It took me an evening to make Plattie and is an easy pattern to make if you are new to making soft toys. I can see him in lots of fun colours. After I made him I thought he would look great will some on my hand made felt for his bill and feet. I might have to make some more felt to have a go. Plattie is available to purchase in kit form now using the Riley Blake Design fabrics pictured.

If you are in Australia there is a special offer in the current issues Patchwork & Stitching and Handmade magazines from us when you order any of our soft toy kits until the 31st October 2015.
There is 3 more soft toy samples still to be made so tune in again to see how I go making Melly & Me Black Sheep, White Sheep, Funky Friends Factory Diggles the Dragon and Ric Rac newest pattern Elliot the guinea pig.
Until Next Time
Keep Stitching
Cynthia

No comments: