Monday, September 28, 2015

English Paper Piecing Sew Along #1

Over on Instagram the Fat Quarter Shop has been running their EPP Sew Along (English Paper Piecing) and you may of notice I now have a nice selection of these papers, templates and accessories for this technique.  I need to make a few samples for the shop, so I thought I would join in. I have selected the fabrics from Katagami which is in stock at $26 per metre because of it fussy cutting potential.

This is only a mini quilt so it won't take long to make and in between working on the Fully Stacked projects I slipped in  a few minutes here and there to work on it. I cut all the shapes and glue basted them to the papers. Then it was time to play with the layout.

Then last Saturday night  I sewed the star together. I know I should of been finishing the binding on the last Fully Stacked project but I couldn't help myself. The binding did get done on the Fully Stacked project on Sunday. I just need to finish off the lose threads from quilting and it will be ready for it pictures to be taken and I only have to add the pictures to the pattern and it will be finished, ready for printing. Now I have to cut the background fabric so I am ready to applique my star onto it, when time permits me.

If you want to try English Paper piecing I have a little coaster kit on the shop you can purchase with full instructions in it and you will need a glue pen which you will find under the English Paper piecing Supplies tab in the Patchwork section of the shop but if you are already familiar with the technique we have lots of different shapes for you to experiment with.

Fully Stacked is on this weekend so if you want to find out more about English Paper Piecing stop in for a cuppa and I am happy to show you some of the basics.
Until Next Time
Keep Stitching
Cynthia


No comments: