Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Wishes Quilt Along- Border Update.

Happy New Year to everyone. May 2015 be full of crafty delights.
This is where I am up to on my Wishes Quilt from the Fat Quarter Shop Wishes Quilt Along 2014. I had to work hard to complete the pieced final border before the end of the year. I knew there was no way I could complete the full quilt before the end but I aimed to complete the top. I am thinking I may have this one quilted for me so I can continue on other projects. It is a large quilt.
The final border was a checkerboard border so there was lots of chain piecing done to get all four side pieced and I had my fingers crossed I didn't make a mistake.
The top 2 piles are the side borders ready to go to the sewing machine.
 So I was over the moon when the side borders went on perfectly. I did play around with the top and bottom border so at the corners I didn't have same colours touching in the corners. I just took 3 from the bottom of my pile and put them on top so they are slightly different at the begin and end of the strips. They went on beautifully too. I am so happy how this quilt top has turned out. Now for the quilting.
 Do I take it to my long arm quilter or do I do it myself?

Until Next Time 
Keep Stitching
Cynthia

No comments: