Tuesday, December 30, 2014

2014 To Do list Review- What I did completed.


2014 is coming to a close and it is time to see what I did complete on my list. I didn't get the list completed but that doesn't surprised me. I am so easily side tracked and there was a number of projects completed that won't on the list when the year started. Have a look at my Completed Projects page here on the blog.

The List.
1. My Pies & Tarts Quilt I am half way through hand quilting this one.
Not finished but I am now 3/4 way through the hand quilting, It will have to go on next year's list.
2. My Batik Hexagon Quilt top ready for quilting and binding.
Completed
3. My Batik Log Cabin Quilt I am nearly finished the blocks (4 blocks to go)
Completed
4. My Farmers Wife Sampler quilt -only have 30 blocks to go then sashing and borders.
The quilt top is completed but I can't decide if I should hand quilt it or machine quilt.
5. Bonnie Hunters Celtic Solstice Mystery Quilt the final layout was only released on 1st January 2014 I have 24 blocks completed.
Completed
6. My Double Wedding Ring quilt I started at the end of October at a workshop. 3 rings completed only.
I am up to 5 rings but this quilt is now going to be a bed runner. So I only need 14 rings.
7. Building Blocks Quilt. 2014 Free Motion Quilt Along created by Leah Day. This one is going to allow me to tackle 2 things on my list, improve my free motion quilting and have a go at the Quilt as you go technique.
Stuck halfway through this one. Not sure what I am going to do with this one.
8.A new Cynthia's Ark design featuring our Mystery Batik Sampler Pack. All designed just have to sew, write the pattern and kit it.
I have sewn 12 of these blocks and I need to finish the rest.
9.A new Cynthia's Ark design featuring hexagons using the Inklingo technique or EPP.
This was my camellia quilt. Completed.
10.Quiltmaker magazine Black Tie Affair using Riley Blake Evening Blooms 
Not started.
10. Pat Sloan's Globtrotting  BOM for freequiltpatterns.info (One block a month)
Completed.
11. Fat Quarter Shop Wishes Quilt Along BOM (One block a month)
The blocks are all together with the first border. I am halfway the last pieced border.
12. A Dahlia Quilt I have a pattern.
I started this one but I have misplaced my templates I made for it. So I have only completed 4 rows.
13. My Aurifil Block of the Month quilt. 
I have made all the blocks I have to create a layout for the blocks. I have seen a couple layouts others have used. 
So I have had some success and some disasters but lots did get done. The key is to keep it going into 2015. I did learn a lot in 2014, with new quilting techniques (my free motion quilting has improved 100% on what I could do before 2014) and piecing techniques, computer stuff like blogging, creating PDF files, patterns, tutorials, sharing posts with other bloggers and more.
Lets bring into the new year with some more stitching.
Until next time
Keep Stitching
Cynthia

No comments: