Friday, August 1, 2014

Some Crafting Time

On Friday afternoon I had a lovely afternoon with my friend Mandy. We went out for lunch, did some shopping and headed back to Mandy's place for some crafting. We do catch up with each other for coffee but we rarely have the chance to spend an afternoon together. I had the chance to play with Mandy collection of Accuquilt Dies as she has a lovely selection. I was particularly interested in her English Paper Piecing hexagon dies as I am  doing some demo of this technique at the Barossa Craft Fair at the end  of November (Details of this event is on our event page at the top of the blog). 
 Half inch Hexagons look how small they are.
One inch Hexagons they are a little better.
I have a few little projects in mind I want to kit up and am thinking I could pre-cut the kits using these dies I might have to get a larger one though as Mandy only has the 1 inch and 1/2 inch hexagon dies.  I haven't use hexagon this small before so if anyone has any tips please share in the comment and help me out. The smallest I have used is 1 1/2 inch.
The squares and half square triangles I cut were just for fun. I am going to play with them and see what happens I will share it with you all as it happens, good or bad. 


 I was impressed and if the right side dies are available I may set myself up.
Stay tuned for an update soon Mandy set me a deadline of Monday for progress.

Until Next Time
Keep Stitching
Cynthia

No comments: