Friday, August 8, 2014

English Piece Piecing happening here

I have been playing with some English Paper Piecing shapes this week in my evening sewing time. I can't believe I have been piecing 1/2 inch hexagons. I always thought they are too small for me to be bothered with but here I am creating some table mats and coasters. The 1 inch hexagons are a lot better to handle. I found gluing them was easy enough rather than tacking them, it will be interesting when I try to remove the papers. Here are some pictures of what I am working on. 
 A couple of 1/2" hexagon drink coasters.
 This one will become a table mat will a few more rows added.
A couple of 1" hexagon flowers.

What is the smallest size you have worked with?  I don't think I would have bother with the 1/2" hexagons if I hadn't used the Accuquilt die to cut the papers and fabric I think it would have been too fiddling to do for me. I was impressed with the Accuquilt dies for the English Paper piecing.
Until next time
Keep Stitching
Cynthia

No comments: