Saturday, August 30, 2014

Castle Wall Project

The Castle Wall block collection was released by Inklingo earlier this year and there has been a number of Inklingonists working on their Castle Wall projects out there. I had picked my fabrics out a few months ago but have been short of time to get going on it.

 I have played around with the block in EQ7 so I knew what my block would look like before I printed the shapes on the fabric as I imported my fabric choice into EQ7. It is a great resource. I am hand piecing these blocks as I am ready for a new hand piecing project for my lunch breaks now my Farmers Wife Sampler blocks are nearly completed.
Once I was happy with fabric placement I printed my fabric ready for cutting and sewing I did fussy cut the centre octagon as it would have been a waste not to.

I was surprised how quickly my first block came together when I sat down to sew it. Pressing was a trickly to start with but once I got going I was able to do it. 


If you haven't seen Inklingo before, Linda's blog is a great place to start your Inklingo journey
Until next time
Keep Stitching
Cynthia


No comments: